Rest Assured® Extra Comfort Nite Protector with Fitting Tray
The Rest Assured® Nite Protector is made of a safe, moldable material that can be customized to fit your mouth. Once fitted properly, it provides a physical barrier to prevent your teeth from rubbing together. Remember that some nighttime tooth grinding can be caused by sleep disorders or other potential serious problems. So it's always a good idea to consult with a physician about your tooth grinding issues – particularly if you continue to experience symptoms after using the Rest Assured® Nite Protector.
Relief is Minutes Away
You have just made an important investment in your smile and your health! You can now custom fit the moldable dental protector made of a soft upper layer that is molded to your teeth and a hard base that prevents people with mild to moderate bruxism from biting through.
Easy Custom Fit Design
- Molds to fit your mouth in minutes
- Protects & helps reduce damage to teeth
- Reduces disturbing grinding noises
- Sleep more comfortably
- Comfortable, secure fit
Setup & Practice Fitting
To assure the best fit, BEFORE starting your custom fitting:
- Please read the following instructions COMPLETELY in order to achieve the best fit. Assemble all the materials needed before starting to actually fit the product.
- Brush your teeth and rinse your mouth thoroughly to avoid transferring debris from your mouth to the device during the fitting process.
- What you will need to begin:
- A pot for boiling water filled to a depth of 3-4 inches of water (do not use distilled water)
- A stove
- A small plate
- A metal fork
- A mirror
- A timer or clock indicating seconds
- A cup of cool water
- Insert the dental protector into the tray by placing the flat side of the guard against the tray, with the “channel” side up. Push front of dental protector fully under retaining latch.
- While looking in a mirror, practice positioning the tray loaded with the dental protector in your mouth.
- Pinch the Width Adjustment Tabs to find an appropriate fit.
- Use the Center Alignment Guide as a “stopper,” ensuring your front teeth are as close as possible to the front of the dental protector.
- Also, use the Center Alignment Guide to align the loaded tray to the middle of your front two teeth.
You are now ready to fit your dental protector by following these easy instructions:
STEP 1: BOIL
- Using a stove top, bring water to a full rolling boil and let boil for 1 minute. (NOTE: Do not use distilled water. Do not use a microwave oven.)
- With the dental protector inserted into the tray, drop into the boiling water, with the top (channel) side of the tray down and boil for EXACTLY 60 seconds.
- Place the metal fork through the Hook and remove the loaded tray from the boiling water. Place the loaded tray channel-side up on the small plate for 30 seconds to cool. Do not touch while it cools.
STEP 2: BITE & SHAPE
- Place the dental protector on your upper teeth. Without biting down:
- Hold the tray by the handle and insert into your mouth with the “channel” side up.
- Use the Width Adjustment Tabs to find an appropriate fit.
- Use a mirror and the Center Alignment Guide to position the dental protector in the middle of your two front teeth. Position the tips of your front teeth as close as possible to the front of the channel, using the Center Alignment Guide as a stopper.
- Bite down firmly on the dental protector with your upper teeth positioned correctly. Hold this bite for 30 seconds. During this time, use the thumb and forefinger of each hand, shape the dental protector around your upper teeth and up to the gum line by pinching evenly around the arch from the front teeth to the molars.
- After shaping, maintain the dental protector in position for 30 seconds before removing.
- Once a good fit has been achieved, remove the loaded tray from your mouth and place it in a cup of cool water for 30 seconds to allow the impression to set. Remove from water, then remove the dental protector from the tray by gently pulling the ends from each side of the fitting tray, working towards the front. Note the dental guard may feel slightly sticky during this process. Once you are satisfied with the fit, dispose of the tray. Do not use the dental protector while loaded in the tray. If you are not satisfied with the fit at this point, go back to the beginning and repeat steps (starting with “BOIL”). NOTE: Do not repeat process more than once.
STORAGE AND CARE
- Please note that it may take 1 to 2 weeks to get used to wearing the dental protector. If you are still not satisfied with the fit after the 1 to 2 week adjustment period, please follow the instructions to receive a replacement dental protector.
- Rinse your dental protector after each use with cold water. Do not rinse with hot water.
- Store your dental protector in the ventilated case provided when not in use.
- For further cleaning, you may brush your dental protector periodically with a soft toothbrush. Thoroughly dry and store in the ventilated case (select models only).
You have created your custom dental protector for nighttime grinding of teeth.
- The dental protector has been designed to be worn comfortably through the night. If pain does occur, immediately remove and stop using the device and confer with your dental professional. It may take 1 to 2 weeks to become accustomed to wearing the dental protector.
- This product does not contain latex or silicone.